Welcome

I'm the mom of a beautiful Type 1 daughter and married to a wonderful husband who also has Type 1! This blog serves as a place for my thoughts and feelings, in the hopes that it will help other families struggling with the many challenges diabetes presents. I can't always promise it is uplifting...but, it is honest.

And, of course, it is by no means meant to offer medical advice.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Random Thoughts in the Emergency Room

October 7, 2009

As I sat in the ER that night I jotted down my thoughts. Writing has always helped me cope and I just found myself needing an outlet for all of the racing thoughts I had as I sat and tried to process the huge bombshell that had just been dropped.

Despair
Guilt
Such Sadness
Fear
I'm terrified for her future. How will I do? Will I be what she needs? If I fail will she be non-compliant? How will I do this?

My sweet, sweet perfect baby girl.


Fast-forward nine months, and I want anyone with a newly diagnosed child to know that we are fine. Life is not without daily struggles, but Jessica continues to amaze us. She is attending a regular day camp (we and a good friend take turns going at lunch to give her insulin), she is learning how to count carbs, and she has adjusted better than I ever would have imagined that night. Although your world is shattered, have faith that one day, sooner than you think, the pieces will fit back together. They won't be in the same order they were, but your world will once again be filled with happiness and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment